Four day working week trial; Extended producer responsibility; Cost of living support; Reducing edible food waste; Engaging young people in carbon reduction; Addressing regional inequalities; and much much more!
Whether an officer, director or elected member, this event has something for everyone in local government. This event also incorporates the APSE Southern AGM.
So come join us in Central London on 22 June for a focus on the future of local authority service delivery!
Strategic perspectives session speakers
Levelling up through better performance and value?
Jeffrey Matsu, Chief Economist, The Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy (CIPFA)
Four day working week trial: South Cambridgeshire District Council
Cllr Bridget Smith, Leader of Council, South Cambridgeshire District Council
Local authority front line services: Where are we now?
Mo Baines, Chief Executive, Association for Public Service Excellence (APSE)
Neighbourhood Services speakers (Stream One)
• Colin Rowland, Director of Neighbourhoods, Isle of Wight Council
• Haja Turay, Welfare Rights Performance Manager, Royal Borough of Greenwich
• Cllr Kemi Akinola, Deputy Leader, London Borough of Wandsworth
• Mohammed Elsharif, Bristol City Council
Sustainability and Waste Management speakers (Stream Two)
• Dr Veronica Chan, Climate Change Lead Officer, Stevenage Borough Council
• Katarzyna Wysocka, Head of Climate Change at Luton Council and Dr James Bishop, Senior Lecturer in Construction Management at University of Bedfordshire
• Jacob Hayler, Executive Director, Environmental Services Association
• Helena Jackson, WasteAware Coordinator Herts Waste Partnership and Project Lead for the #WorthSaving project
• Cllr Phil O’Dell, Harrow Council
About the venue: Broadway House, London
Broadway House is located in the heart of Westminster, Central London. Sitting directly opposite St James’s Park tube station and within walking distance of the Houses of Parliament. More details can be found here.